For over 22 years, the Original Digital Picture Font House

Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Using PhotoShop with Picture and Display Fonts

Sometimes you want to take one design and look at it in different ways. That's where PhotoShop succeeds admirably.

I took 2 of my fonts, Bill's Dingbats (which has a small collection of bar glassware) and Bill's Metropolitan, a sophisticated display font that hearkens back to the cocktail era of the 20s, and put them together:

That gave me a header design to use as a column leader.

However, I wanted to try it somewhat differently to see how I would react to it, and I did this by playing with PhotoShop's filters, adjusting brightness, fuzziness, negativity, etc.
Here's one example:

Now we have a significantly different feeling...more of an evening presence.

You can try lots of variations and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment