For over 22 years, the Original Digital Picture Font House

Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bill's Barnhart Ornaments

The Great 19th and early 20th century type founders, Barnhart Brothers & Spindler, were the greatest in the country until they were bought out in the 1920s by American Type Founders. In my passion for collecting specimen books for design research, the BB&S books are my favorites, and from them I created this collection of glyphs as one of my best picture fonts.

I like these so much because the major font houses had nothing like them for years (and not really any as complete as these today.) The flowers, furls, frogs with bubble pipes, acorns, thistles and others are great stationery and business card decorations... you'll find you use them over and over.

Here's a sample:
You get fonts for BOTH the Mac and the PC in the same order, plus a complete keyboard chart. The cost is $29.00 and it comes with a complete keyboard chart in .pdf.



No comments:

Post a Comment